Summary: Are you in a hurry to perform OneDrive for business tenant to tenant migration? Are you facing difficulties in doing the same? Are you also finding this task a cumbersome task? It is very obvious that you are nodding your head to these questions. Fortunately, all your questions would be answered in this article.
In this write-up, we are proving you an easy and reliable solution to perform this type of data migration in Office 365. But, before proceeding any further let’s have a quick glance at the user query to understand the whole scenario better.
Need some advice on how to perform OneDrive migration between tenants in Office 365. Are there any reliable migration tools or methods available? I have around 5 TB of data to move.
Migration projects are arising very often nowadays due to the massive growth in merger and acquisition activities within the organizations. As Microsoft did not provide us any direct way to transfer files between OneDrive for business accounts. It becomes pretty difficult for users to perform the data transfer projects in Office 365.
Manual Download and Upload to OneDrive for Business Tenant to Tenant Migration
Manual data “download and upload” is a time-consuming and daunting task. It becomes cumbersome work if the users have a large amount of data to migrate. As the manual method requires one by one data download from the source account and upload to the destination account. It is not possible to do the same for thousands of accounts in O365. Therefore, it is always suggested by many IT experts to use an automated tool to speed up the migration process.
Quick & Reliable Way for OneDrive Migration Between Tenants
As the manual method of uploading and downloading user’s data one by one is not feasible and possible for users. Hence it is always suggested to use a powerful modern feature-rich tool i.e. OneDrive migration tool over the manual approach that can automate all the migration processes in Office 365 safely. This tool ensures a safe and seamless data transfer experience to its users, maintaining data integrity throughout the whole process.
Steps to OneDrive for Business Tenant to Tenant Migration
This utility makes this migration project easy, users can perform this massive data migration in just a few clicks without any hassle and data loss.
- Download and run the software, here you can see in the workload selection, options are given to choose a migration platform. Select Office 365 as the source and destination platform.
- This software is capable of taking place in multiple types of data migration projects and in order to move files from one OneDrive account to another, users have to check the document option and also need to enable migrate document permissions given in this software. Note: Date-based filter is a modern feature, integrated into this software, enabling selective data transfer according to the desired date.
- In this step, the user needs to validate permissions, and in order to do so, log in with source and destination Admin ID and Application ID and click on the Next button in order to execute OneDrive migration between tenants.
- Users can create group mapping and in doing so, the software provides us three different approaches such as Fetch Users, Import Users, and Download Template. They can select accordingly for mapping creation.
- When the mapping is created, click on the validate button, in order to perform OneDrive migration between tenants.
- After validating all the required permission now user can click on the start migration button. The migration process will be started and after few minutes the whole migration process would be successfully completed.
Still in Confusion?
Try it by yourself…
This utility comes with a free trial version. Users can avail themselves a free demo by downloading this software. They can use this software in order to check its performance and working. The demo version lets users migrate two user accounts successfully without paying any money. Further migration they need to purchase the license of this software.
Users can easily OneDrive for business tenant to tenant migration if they execute the right approach for doing it. A manual download and upload approach can be used for the small number of user accounts. On the other hand for a larger number of user accounts, it is always suggested to use a powerful professional tool for it.
The above-mentioned tool makes migration projects pretty easy for its users, they can perform OneDrive migration effortlessly with maximum data security and integrity.