Hello! Recently, I’ve been working with a large number of PST files to store my organization’s emails, documents, and so on. To keep the data safe, I encrypted them using a password, a different password for every file. I’ve forgotten the passwords for these PST files. Can someone offer a method to remove forgotten password from PST files?
In the article we have come up with best solutions to recover lost PST file password in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 and below versions.
Even though Outlook doesn’t provide a way to set a password for the entire Outlook program, it does it for the .pst data file. Encrypting the PST files with a password helps us to not let others view our emails, contacts, calendar, documents etc.
However, it turns out to be a grave problem, if the user seizes to remember his password because Outlook doesn’t provide a way for you to recover the password of a .pst file if you have forgotten it.
As a result, in this post, I will share with you a simple and trustworthy third-party application that you may use to quickly retrieve password from PST file.
If you are unable to retrieve your password, you can delete it straight from your.pst file Outlook utilising an inherent function of Outlook. A simple approach that can only be utilized if you recall your old.pst file password will also be described.
How To Remove Forgotten Password From PST Files Outlook?
Retrieve password from PST file is not a cakewalk if you don’t use a third-party software to ease your problem.
Below are a few of the methods which a user can employ to remove forgotten passwords from .pst files Outlook.
Recover Lost PST file Password Outlook Using A Steadfast Tool.
Best PST file Password Remover is an instant utility that lets you remove the password of multiple PST files at one go. This tool does not even mandate you to install Microsoft Outlook on your system before using it.
It doesn’t matter if the password is lengthy, complex or is multilingual, the tool can easily recover any of them. The best part about the tool is that it supports all versions of Windows, and you don’t have to follow a different procedure for different versions of Outlook as you have to do with the manual ones.
Follow the below given steps to understand how to do it:
- Click on the Add Folder option now to remove Forgotten Password from PST File.
- Choose the Password Protected PST files on which you want to apply the tool.
- You can now see the status of your Password Protected PST files on the screen.
- At the end, the status report of the .pst files Outlook whose password has been removed will be generated.
Remove Forgotten Password from PST File Using pst19upg.exe
Pst19upg.exe is an in-built free tool of Microsoft, which helps to directly delete or recover lost PST file password directly in Outlook. You can easily download it from the internet and use it to remove password from a .pst file Outlook.
Note: This technique can be put to use if you have completely forgotten your previous password. Also, if you have a version of Outlook later than 2003, this approach can be followed.
Follow the given steps:
- Close Microsoft Outlook and make a backup of the PST file you want to work with.
- Scanpst.exe should be run on the chosen file.
- In Command Prompt, type the file path to pst19up and click Enter.
- “C:My Documentspst19upg.exe” -x outlook.pst will be the command line.
- This will result in the creation of a “filename.psx” duplicate of the PST.
- Now, rename the original PST file to something else.
- Enter pst19upg.exe, followed by the file name from Command Prompt.
- Here is your PST file without a password.
- Scanning the recovered PST using scanpst.exe and, if prompted, selecting repair.
- Select the file from the File menu to open it in Outlook.
Problems With The Above Method
- The processes are too complicated for a non-technical person to follow.
- When utilizing the manual method, you must remove the password from each PST file one at a time.
- You must first install Microsoft Outlook before you can unlock an Outlook PST file.
Remove Forgotten Password from PST File using Outlook 2010.
- Select the File menu, then the Account Settings tab, and finally Account Settings.
- Select the Data Files tab, then the option with the.pst file extension, and then click Settings.
- Now, change the password in the window which has opened, For this, click on the Change Password option.
Please Note: This approach can also be utilized, but it is only accessible with Outlook 2010, and you must know your previous password to use it.
If you can’t remember your password, use the two ways listed above.
Final Words on How to Remove Forgotten Password from PST File
There may be several occasions when you forget the password for your Outlook PST file. Also, once the password for the file is no longer required, it is best to delete it.
As a result, all of the techniques that a user may use to recover lost PST file password have been used in this article.
Since Microsoft does not provide a direct way, a third-party programme can be used to retrieve password from PST file easily.