Referral marketing software lets businesses promote their products and services by utilizing their customer base to source leads. It leverages the power of happy customers (word-of-mouth) to influence potential buyers and get new customers. Customers are rewarded for becoming advocates through various rewards: vouchers, points, loyalty cards, coupons, discounts, free products, status perks, and sweepstakes entries.
These platforms enable businesses to automate their referral campaigns, enrolling, tracking, and rewarding customers, sometimes adding gamification to boost engagement. Further, you can incorporate referral marketing software within a company’s social media pages, website, or combine it within their mobile applications. Social media has become a powerful force in this space, and referral apps are growing.
5 Best Referral Program Software
InviteReferrals present a simplistic referral marketing software with a comprehensive referral strategy, design, and implementation. In addition, the platform offers supposedly unmatched insights into your referral program, covering everything from referrers, invites, referral visits, and referral install to your top influencers in one compelling dashboard.
You can run different customer referral programs like top referrer contests, giveaway campaigns, and goal-based customer referral programs.
- It is optimized for social media
- Seamless integration with third-party apps
- Several campaign options and varieties of rewards
- Analytic reporting
- No mobile version, limited campaign participants.
- There aren’t many design options.
Invite Referrals pricing starts at $79 per month (billed yearly) or $99 per month for the Basic plan. A 14-day free trial is also available, which comprises 100 new referrers.
2. Genius Referrals
Genius Referrals allows marketers to determine and customize the ideal template for their referral program in less than ten minutes. In addition, the software allows seamless integration techniques and gets referral programs up and running in minutes.
There are also many options to choose from, allowing businesses to customize different programs, including flexible campaigns with various currencies and tiers restrictions.
- Simple to navigate
- Outstanding customer service
- Very flexible and customizable
- Some options for campaigns and integrations into existing programs
- Expect a little bit of understanding of code and scripts, but customer support can help with this.
- Fulfilment is manual
Genius Referrals platform price starts at $49 per month for the Starter plan. However, the company claims that customers can pay for only what they require, switch plans at any time, and buy extra features. A 30-day free trial is also available.
InviteBox is a referral software that allows businesses to design different referral marketing campaigns, such as giving rewards instantly. The platform incorporates all the technology you have in one package to produce a referral program.
All marketers require to fix referral program rules and copy and paste the widget code into their website.
- Simple to set up and easy to use
- Active support
- More value for your money
- Can easily integrate with WordPress sites via a WP plugin
- There are cases where you can’t customize the widget to adjust the site design ideally
- It doesn’t produce the most creative or amazing referral campaigns
InviteBox is also an affordable referral software, beginning at $29 per month for its Startup plan. So businesses can keep some money by paying for the software every year. The platform also allows a 14-day free trial of its software.
SaaSquatch is a customer referral platform for B2C brands that serve in the on-demand space and use the potential of a refer-a-friend program that supports the growth.
The software is intended for on-demand businesses, consumer service/box subscriptions, or online marketplaces with 5,000+ customers. The multi-channel referral software features funnel analytics, fraud detections, and over 50 payment and marketing systems integrations.
- Great customer service
- Allows you to block or flag referrals and screen for fraud
- Easy to implement and track referrals
- Have to contact support to adjust text or photos
- Limited customization
- Limited reporting capabilities
- Language in the platform can be confusing
SaaSquatch is more costly than some referral software, starting at $499 per month for the Growth plan.
5. Mention Me
Mention Me is a referral software platform that allows a compelling referral marketing solution trusted by over 300 brands worldwide. In addition, the platform covers a “Name Sharing” feature that enables users to capture real-world conversations. The company claims that this drives up to 35% more referrals combined with other options for social sharing.
The platform also highlights A/B testing and best practice insights from the Client Success Team. In addition, you can further customize the refer a friend program as per your brand.
- Software leads to a smooth customer journey.
- Reporting dashboard is extensive
- Great insights into how customers are behaving with the technology
- No requirement for developers to help set up
- Support team are also very keen to help out with any requests
- A couple of things design-wise would facilitate the platform to align with our design specifications better.
- At times the available options are a little overwhelming.
- UX can be a little restrictive at times.
Pricing plans are tailor-made based on business requirements. You will need to contact the company to figure out the exact pricing.
After reading this post, you may get an idea of the best referral software in 2021. This post further allows you to evaluate the different options and pick one of the best options for your business.
Shivani is a content writer at InviteReferrals, which provides referral software that allows businesses to attract new customers from existing customers through referral campaigns.