When an online business is considered, it is a known fact that there would be many competitions in their domain. In whatever market your business is, marketing is a challenge to get the attention of your audience. Marketing is very essential for your business to increase your brand visibility, improve brand awareness, create trust and loyalty, help to build credibility for your business, highlight your business in your domain, generate more traffic to the site, and many more.
While many businesses put their efforts into their marketing strategies, there arises a lot of competition in the business world. So, your marketing effort should be well planned and stand ahead in front of all your competitors.
Having said this, competitor analysis becomes an important part of your business as well. This will tell you where your business stands in the competition. To support this task, there are many digital marketing company for you to analyze what is going on in the market.
As part of your marketing strategy, you must include competitive analysis in marketing so that you would neatly understand where your business lacks with regards to your competitor.
Having a competitor analysis in marketing is essential for any business for the following reason:
- Understand the market
- Forecast on the market potential
- Target the customer in a better way
- Economic climate tracking
- Competitor pricing of various products and services
- Competitor product and services tracking
- Customer acquisition
There are many competitor analysis tools that would help you to access your top competitors in a fast and effective way. There is also a free online competitor analysis tool with which you can spend less effort that tries to dig on your competitors and be able to spend more time on marketing. Instead of spending too much of your time to spy on competitors, try to engage yourself with tools for the competitor analysis.
The following list of competitor analysis tools helps you with the following:
- Social media competitor analysis tools
- SEO competitor analysis tool
- Content competitor analysis tool
- Emails, ads, and industries competitor analysis tool
Social media competitor analysis tools – The following are the competitor analysis tool for social media.
1) Sprout Social – Social media platforms are the main channel that connects the customers and there is no other way where to start the competitor analysis. This is one of the best competitive analysis tools that allows you to understand the various competitor performance on the social media platform from many angles. This tool also provides you with a collection of competitive reports that helps you to track the basic metrics across various channels like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also associate them against your profile. The various analytics that this tool supports are the following:
- Onboard Easily – Metrics can be measured that would matter from the first day using the tool set.
- See The Big Picture – This tool helps to maintain a complete view of the social profiles that are connected from various locations. You will save time with its excellent feature of user-friendly, customised reports that would help in scaling up your business.
- Gain Competitive Advantage – You will be able to compare your social media performance with your competitors to find out new opportunities. You can also find and filter historical data fast to target the result.
- Display Business Result – You can tie social activity to any business results.
- Metrics – You can track many useful metrics using templates or customized reports. Increase positive outcomes by analysing content performance, campaign outcomes, and many more.
2) Phlanx – This is yet another competitor analysis tool and is an ideal tool to analyse your competitor’s presence on the Instagram presence. This is an Instagram engagement calculator and provides you a clue as to how active any account followers are. This tool allows you to measure contact influencers, measure engagement rates, audit Instagram accounts, and create contracts. The engagement ratio of this tool is considered based on the number of those followers who have an account versus the follower’s rate of interacting with content in the form of share, likes, comments, etc. The various features of this competitor analysis tool are the following:
- Influencer Directory – You can increase your social media followers with influencers across the world.
- Collaborations – This feature allows you to partner with other brands and can also cross-promote each other.
- Instagram/Influencer Auditor – This feature allows you to audit influencer accounts for followers who are real and non-active, engagement rate, and check if they fit into your brand and can be the right influencers.
- Engagement Calculator – This tool helps you to measure engagement on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter and check that your audience stays connected.
3) Social Blade – This competitor analysis tool is an ideal tool to check bigger brands. It assesses the follower count on the number of likes of various platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. This is an interesting insight for any marketing. An ideal example would be its use on the Twitter platform where it applies a grade on their average retweets and likes. This tool helps you to track user statistics for various platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Using this tool, you can get a deep understanding of user growth and trends that could be useful for your business. This tool allows users to simplify analytics. It provides all users to access the tool’s public database. It makes use of advanced technology to provide global analytics for the content creator.
SEO competitor analysis tools – The following are the competitor analysis tool for SEO.
1) SEMRush – This is an ideal competitor analysis tool for SEO. This tool is a popular SEO tool that performs your keyword research, tracks your competitor’s keyword strategy, executes SEO blog audit, looks for backlink chances, and many more. This tool helps you with your content marketing that is the main key point. This is a widely used tool for SEO tools on the market, but this competitor analysis feature would set them apart. For those who are in the initial stage, this tool is an ideal one to get your competitor’s backlink and to monitor any variations in their ranking.
The various features of this tool are:
- Perform Analytics Reports – You can get insights about your competitor’s strategies in advertising display, paid and organic search, and link building.
- Advertising Research – You can analyse competitor keywords and budgets, monitor landing page and ad copy, and discover new competitors.
- Display Advertising Tool – You can get an understanding of your competitor’s GDN strategies, find out new publishers, analyse the various display ads of the competitors, and be able to view display ads from various devices.
- Backlinks – Using this tool, you can conduct link analysis, check the backlinks types, and understand the domains.
- Keyword Research – This feature allows you to get the right keywords for PPC and SEO campaigns and get long-tail keywords.
- Product Listing Ads – This feature allows you to define your product listing ad campaign, check your competitor product feeds, and you can also check with your competitor’s product feed.
2) Ahrefs – This competitor analysis tool for SEO is a popular one for backlink analysis for a website. Using this tool, you will get an idea of which websites you need to get the backlinks. Apart from other backlink checker tools, Ahrefs delivers link data using its crawler like Googlebot. This also allows you to check any URLs foremost organic keywords. Moreover, you would get an idea of the estimation of the traffic that a competitor would get on these keywords. This is an all-in-one SEO tool set that allows you to verify any URL’s organic keywords. Also, you get a rough estimation of the traffic that a competitor gets on the keywords selected. Also, this tool is easy to check out a website’s highest-performing content that is based on backlinks too. This information would teach you all product kinds. The various features of this tool are:
- Website optimization
- Competitor analysis
- Analyse what your customers search for
- Track the ranking progress
3) MozBar – This is a browser extension, Moz provides a surface view of the way a website is authoritative. Based on the metric of Moz’s domain authority, MozBar assigns a domain authority to a website that is based on its probability to rank better in a search engine. When the domain authority score is higher, it denotes the website is better. This tool is a useful one to find a website’s search potential performance at a glimpse. When you enable this tool, you can also see competing websites that appear in a Google query. This tool also helps you to conduct a kind of passive competitive analysis as you investigate competing websites to find the duration for which they were visible around and the reason for not getting backlinks.
Content competitor analysis tools – The following are the competitor analysis tools for content.
1) BuzzSumo – This is one of the best competitive analysis tools that permits you to check at the top-performing content for your brand’s applicable topics and on specific competitors. This tool would look at a small portion of the content engagement on social media platforms and its total shares across the internet. This would give you an idea about who is expert in content for your domain and you can also identify the prominent topics that are going around. Using this tool, you can check the content that is popular about any topic or website. It would take a few hours to scan through various social media websites and to find out what people are discussing along with their concerns and requirements. The main features of this platform are:
- Content Discovery – You can get limitless ideas with this tool. You can get content ideas by browsing trends, topics, and forums. This tool shows what content type is prominent in the industry.
- Content Research – Using this tool, you can create content that would succeed. This tool scans many articles and social media posts so that you can get good insights.
- Find Influencers – This feature of the tool allows you to identify authors with engaged audiences.
- Monitoring – This tool monitors your brand mentions, competitors, and industry updates. Alerts would ensure you to get important events.
2) Similarweb – This competitor analysis tool is a comprehensive one that works for both SEO and content. This tool would help you to get deeper into your competitor’s content and identify the channel where the traffic would come from. Also, you can find out a website’s referral traffic and where a website sends its visitors. Also, content marketers can see the topics that visitors search for and what are the other websites they visit.
3) Feedly – In case you are looking to have an eye on a competitor’s content without checking on their blog, then this is the right tool for you. This is a content aggregator tool that organizes and stores content as it is published that includes your competitors as well. You can also check with the prominent topics that your competitor covers.
Emails, ads, and industries competitor analysis tool – The following are the competitor analysis tool for emails, ads, and industries.
1) Mailcharts – One of the toughest channels for competitive analysis is email marketing. To address this, Mailcharts collects emails from various competing campaigns that would help to influence your marketing. Also, to grab the subject lines, this tool takes data like send frequency and makes a comparison on it with your business campaigns to check whether your email stands. This tool would also compare your campaigns to its massive marketing email library to check if you are in tune with the best practices.
2) Owletter – This competitor analysis tool would automatically collect emails from competitors and arrange them into a modest user-friendly dashboard. This tool’s analytics would spot changes in frequency of your competitor’s email and take the trend that would help you to optimize the frequency when you should send your email.
While the above tools would help you to conduct a competitor analysis, you should also ensure that you have a strategy in place once you have the numbers with you to be effective.